Welcome to my Blog

I was an intense volleyball player throughout high school, and since I can't play anymore my blogging will be about Volleyball and its ups and downs(if it has any).

Friday, October 15, 2010

Pictures of volleyball


http://www.flickr.com/photos/kongping/516108706/
check out this picture of a women bumping a ball, and look how the ball is so deformed. The balls are not blown right up as it needs some room so it doesnt hurt as much and the players can control the ball better. The look on her face just shows how she is very intensely into the game and wants to be at the top of her game. by the looks of this photo she is already there and wants to compete at her best.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/varadi/4042004577/
just look at the faces of these women. they are so into their game trying to beat the others with their great power and height. I am about 5'5 and I could barely just get my hands over the top of the net, but I was always there trying my best like all the other athletes around the world. reaching for the ball is one of the best qualities that you  can achieve in this sport. You need to be able to "jump" to any spot on the court and even off the court.
This sport has so many players, but I dont think that it is "out there" enough like hockey or basketball for example. There are alot of great players out there in our little world. I think that they need to air it more often.
Kids don't see this enough on T.V and this is a no contact sport, like football, hockey and boxing all have hitting and somewhat violence, whereas volleyball pretty much have nothing. This shows that it is a respectful sport to play and watch for people of all ages. I have no trouble letting my kids watch volleyball, as they are excited anyway as they know I used to play once upon a time!

No comments:

Post a Comment