Welcome to my Blog

I was an intense volleyball player throughout high school, and since I can't play anymore my blogging will be about Volleyball and its ups and downs(if it has any).

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

similarities of the game


reading the U.S mens 2010 World Champions news about them getting defeated by the russians(http://usavolleyball.org/news/article/38951)  made me think about my own volleyball experiences when we were in Greenland for the Arctic Winter Games in 2002.

This game was close like the game that we played against team Greenland to go to the semi-finals. Heartbreaking but it taught us a lot about what a team needs to be successful and win a championship. The games were close like the mens one I was just reading on. Volleyball is a highly intense sport and you need a lot of patience and teamwork to bring this to a high level of competition. It is not just about bumping a ball to each other, but to block, hit, set, serve and work as a team to be "on top" of the game. I love to watch volleyball at its best, they are very passionate and focused, which to me is very appealing as I loved to play throughout high school. i would have loved to play at international level, but it  is hard to do that living in the north and not getting the opportunity to do so. So with that I am very happy to just watch and cheer on my favorite teams.

No comments:

Post a Comment