Welcome to my Blog

I was an intense volleyball player throughout high school, and since I can't play anymore my blogging will be about Volleyball and its ups and downs(if it has any).

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Leaders

Every team needs a leader at some point in the game. To be this you must be the best of the best and handle the "heat" that your team encounters. There are 3 types of leaders out there, the first one being a tactical leader, another to be a physical leader and last but not least a emotional leader. A team can go very far with a strong leader. But if you are not one of the leaders, that's okay because too many leaders can cause conflict, and you do not want that on a team. It is just as good to be a follower or a role model, all teams need these at some point to be winners.

This is a photo of what an emotional leader would look like. They pump up the team when needed.

Back when I played volleyball in high school I think that I was all 3 leaders at some point of my time. When we really needed to get pumped and energized, I was always the one making us laugh and loosen up. This is the funnest part of being a leader, to make the team happy. I was constantly a physical leader, as I was always on the court doing my best and working hard. I was rarely off the court so from this I have become a very hard working person not only on the court, but as life in general. I have learned a lot about teamwork, working beyond abilities, patience and understanding of myself as a whole from playing this sport for about 5 years. Thanks to all my coaches and teammates, I have become who I am today, a good person, by learning what it takes to be successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment