Welcome to my Blog

I was an intense volleyball player throughout high school, and since I can't play anymore my blogging will be about Volleyball and its ups and downs(if it has any).

Friday, October 8, 2010

October 7/10-Volleyball

The first blog I read was from www.volleyballblog.org/andrea-giani/#comment.
This was about a famous player and how he has achieved in this sport. He has won 3 world titles in a row and 4 European titles as well, which makes a well decorated athlete. With myself intensely(or as I like to think I was) playing this sport in high school and there after I admire his commitment and level of expertise. I have seen his ability and intenscity and I love to watch professionals play at their level of volleyball.

The second blog I read was at www.volleyballblog.org/how-to-select-a-team/#more696.
I have chosen this blog because choosing a team is very important to succeed. You just don't want to look for anyone, but individuals who are good at certain positions, like a setter, blockers, attackers and so on. This is important as they practice what they are the best at and they become better and better. And from this your team will achieve more.

The third blog I looked at was from www.volleyballblog.org/catergory/volleyball-history/volleyball-rules/
I chose this too beacuse your team needs to know the rules and regulations of the sport that they are interested in. Otherwise what is the point of playing if you know nothing. The rules are simple to follow and the team really needs to understand them. A coach must tell the team what they are and how not to "break" them.

The fourth blog I read was from www.volleyballblog.org/serve-receive-using-legs-and-hands/#more970
This is as important to know as the rules. If you don't know how to bump a ball, then the ball will forever be "dead" and there will be no game to play. One of the most important things to know about volleyball is to know how to bump a ball and pass it to the setter. All the players should know how to use their legs and arms proplerly to have a successful pass.

The last blog I read on was from www.volleyballblog.org/recommendations-for-safe-practice-in-volleyb...
In order to have a great team your team needs to be in good shape, non-fatigued, have endurance and to be ready for training. You must warm up properly in order for your muscles and body won't get sore. Your players must be flexible, hydrated and overall healthy to play at such a high level of volleyball. For the professionals, you must conduct a full bosy examination for each player weeks prior to the first game to ensure that they are ready and healthy.

From reading all of this I understand the concepts of the game of volleyball. I have played it for about 6 years in junior high to high school and loved it. Although I never wanted to go professionally, I love watching it at their level of intensity. They are very focused and well trained, ready to take on other countries. People may think that it is a slow boring sport, however this idea they get is far from that, this is a fast-paced hard sport to achieve in.

No comments:

Post a Comment